||File > Import Data > Perkin Elmer XL Data
||Follow these steps to import data from your Perkin Elmer LA-ICP/MS instrument:
- Select the XL files which contain the data by clicking the "Select Data Files" button. Afterwards a list of available elements is displayed in the table "Elements to be Imported" (top right).
- Select those elements which should be imported (by default, all elements are selected)
- Adjust the scan speed and the line distance to the values you used when acquiring the data.
- If you acquired only a few scan lines you might want to adjust the number of samples along a scan line which should be pooled and averaged in order to arrive at approx. square pixels. Checking the box "Auto Avg" sets the number of averaged samples to a value which results in square pixels.
- Optionally select "Reverse X Axis" and/or "Reverse Y Axis" if you need to create mirrored data.
- Enter additional data, such as the sample name, the name of the author or a short description.
- Click the "Import Data" button.